Maine's CHOICES CEO Project
What We Are Doing
Here's what we are doing under the six strategic priority areas (identified in the 2006 Strategic Plan):
- Employer Outreach and Education
- Maine State Government as a Model Employer
- Youth Transitioning from School to Work
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance
- Data Collection
- MaineCare (Medicaid) Option for Workers with Disabilities
Here is some activities we were doing in 2009:
- Gaining Input from Job Seekers and Workers with Disabilities
- Fall Training Sessions: Building Relationships with Business: Trainings Held for Employment Specialists
- The Working Together: Expanding Maine's Workforce business-to-business information network in Maine held its Annual Conference entitiled "Capitalizing on Maine's Changing Demographics" on November 4, 2009. Click here for a news report on the conference, which includes an audio of the radio report.
Here are some things we are doing in 2010:
- Breakfast Series: Engaging with Employers is scheduled every other month (starting April 2010), and is intended to increase opportunities for communication and networking in southern Maine among businesses and organizations that provide employment services for individuals with disabilities.
- "Youth with Disabilities, a Maine Workforce Development Review" provides a summary of observations that emerged from a review of the disability and workforce development literature, as well as from interviews with successful workforce development programs in Maine that focus on connecting youth with disabilities with meaningful work-related training and experiences. This report is available in two formats: as a Word document, and in PDF format.
- The project released Snapshot 2010, an annual publication that provides the latest data on employment among people with disabilities in Maine. It presents information about employment participation, economic well-being, and the use of employment services and supports. In addition to the full report, which is available in several formats, the project has also newly updated its Maine Disability and Employment Dashboard!